Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ocean City Maryland!

I drove to moms house Wednesday afternoon.  Mom and I went out for dinner and had a nice evening.  Thursday morning we were both up at the crack of dawn.  Buddy, moms dog likes to get up at the wee hours.  We had coffee and got ready for our day.
 
We had everything loaded in the van and left at about 9:00 am.  Better late than never.  During the entire drive to OC it rained and it rained hard.  When we arrived it looked like it was going to clear up but it didn’t.  It stormed and poured for the rest of the day.  We did go out to a restaurant called the Dough Roller.  We had pizza, burgers, fries and the works.
048
The first day in the rain
   
050
We had to spend most of the day inside because of the storms.  Being outside in the thunder and lighting isn’t my cup of tea.  The beach and pool were closed.  Being on the 11th floor ( the top floor) during storms on the ocean is kind of scary.
We made to most of it and ended up having a wonderful evening.
 
The weather for the rest of our vacation was just picture perfect.  We spent most of our days on the beach. In the evenings we ate great seafood, walked the boardwalk, played mini golf and enjoyed all of the wonderful activities that Ocean City has to offer.
022
Our hotel on the beach
 
IMG_0099 - Copy
GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA
It has been years since I’ve been to Ocean City and I enjoyed every minute of it.  The Atlantic Ocean is very cold compared to the Pacific Ocean and salter.  The cold salt water seems to agree with my body.  It was very invigorating soak and swim in that wonderful salty water.
007
011
010
The sand sculptures on the beach are one of the biggest attractions. I was very impressed with them.
 
Walking the boardwalk is a great way to “people watch”.  We saw so many crazy things.  The boardwalk also offers a variety of unusual entertainment.

 

The only bad thing about my vacation is that it's over.
It's back to work for me tomorrow. Sad smile
 
I enjoyed each and very moment with my family.
 
Thanks for reading, life is good...........
 

No comments: