Friday, February 12, 2010

Record Breaking Snow Fall In Maryland!



















































Here in Townsend Tennessee we have about a 1/2 in of snow on the ground and the schools are closed. My friends and family back home in Maryland have more snow than ever! My mom and sister tell me "you have to see it to believe it". I'm told that driving on the plowed roads is like driving through a white tunnel. I guess it's a good thing we are here in Tennessee, I wouldn't like living in a motor home and having that much snow, I would go absolutely crazy!

We are off until Monday, hopefully I'll find something interesting to do. Having four days off in a row is very unusual, but I'm happy to have the break. There is not much to do in this gloomy, winter weather. All of the attractions are closed for the season. I did get a library card and have been reading book after book.

My sister took the pictures above. The two pictures on the bottom (day of the storm): That is Ryan standing in the snow and the other picture is the street covered with snow. I don't see the street! The four pictures on top are pictures the day after the snow, check out those icicles! That's a lot of snow and winter is not over yet!

No comments: