Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back To Work At The Campground!

We have been living here at the campground for over two years now.  I work at the mall and here at the campground during the camping season.  Today was my first day working in the camp store for the 2012 season.

TC works here most of the time.

I love working here, I love the people and interacting with them. The phone calls that I get are really interesting. Tonight I answered the phone and the lady on the phone said “I have OCD, do you think I would like camping at your campground?” 

Just in case you don’t know what OCD is, its called Obsessive-compulsive disorder. Symptoms of the disorder include excessive washing or cleaning; repeated checking;  aversion to particular numbers; and nervous rituals, such as opening and closing a door a certain number of times before entering or leaving a room. These symptoms can be alienating and time-consuming.

TC often tells me that I have OCD because I like things clean and organized and get very upset if things are out of place and messy.  I will not go to to bed with dirty dishes in the sink, I would not be able to sleep. I’ve been like this all of my life and it works for me. 

I love to camp and I don’t think having OCD would bother people, but some people have it real bad.  Remember the show called “Monk”?  Trust me, I’m not that bad.

The person on the phone wanted to know how many times we clean the bathrooms a day. She also asked if we had insects and critters like snakes.  The answer the the question is YES we do have bugs and critters.  Our campground is not in a big bubble.
HELLO IT’S A CAMPGROUND!

She lives about 30 minutes from here, so I told her to come over one day to visit. Maybe she will like it or maybe she won’t. All that I know is I love it here, critters bugs and everything.
koa
Thanks for reading, life is good...........

2 comments:

Janice said...

Enjoy the new camping season and meeting all those unique people who choose to visit that campground. I loved that about being a host, we met so many great people from all over the country and sometimes from other countries.

Happytrails said...

We had a camper once to fuss at us because he found some wasp flying around. He wanted to know if we were aware of this and what we were going to do about it. Well, we sprayed..thats all we could do. A campground is outside.