Friday, March 23, 2012

Opening Day And A Snake On The Trail!

Today is opening day for the Hagerstown KOA Campground.  We are having a yard sale today and tomorrow.  We have a lot of gift shop items, baby clothes and toys, camp supplies and so much more for sale.

Today is a very warm day with temperatures in the low 80’s.  It almost feels hot outside.  I think this weekend we will be having rain and some normal temperatures for this time of the year.

The other day, Jodie and I went to the C & O Canal to do some serious  walking.  I had my I tunes on and getting into my fast stride.  All of a sudden, Jodie jumped back frightened to death.  Low and behold there was a fairly large black snake in the middle of the trail, poised to strike.  What did I do? I turned around to face the other way and ran like a bat out of hell. I’m such a sissy.  I don’t know why, but I’m just terrified of snakes, even the good ones, obviously, Jodie is just as  terrified as I am.

After turning around to walk the other way, we walked for about a mile. When we walked back to the car, a man had a black snake on a stick and put the snake in the trunk of his car. I’m not sure if was the same snake, but it was a good size snake and he did not seem happy at all.

I’M SORRY, AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? IS THAT STUPID OR WHAT?

Who in the world would want to put a snake in the trunk of their car???

Just thinking about that darn snake gives me the heebie jeebies.
i_see_crazy_people_by_sketchoo
Thanks for reading, life is good...........

2 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Unless that snake was dead when he put it in his trunk or into a container he's nuts. Snakes can squeeze through the tightest of openings and he could end up having a visitor while driving down the road.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Thats what I want to know why would you dead or alive??