Thursday, September 29, 2011

If It Walks Like A Duck, Quacks Like A Duck, Looks Like A Duck.........

 ....... it must be a duck!

On Mother's Day weekend,  a close friend of John and Judi (the campground owners) gave us  three little ducks. The ducks decided to make the goldfish pond their home. Of course they ate the goldfish.
Our campers love the ducks. The ducks like to visit with all of the campers. We sell duck food in the camp store and these ducks are well fed. I named these ducks Huey, Dewey and Louie. Huey, Dewey and Louie are very entertaining and very tame.
 For some reason, these ducks like me, they like me a lot. When Jodie and I go walking, the ducks follow. They don't fear Jodie one bit, and Jodie only gets mad when I feed them. 
 I've tried to get them down to the creek, but they always come back to the campground with us.
There is one huge problem with the cute little ducks, they like to camp out by my doorstep. Every morning at about 8:00 they quack and quack to get me out the door, but the biggest problem of all is the lovey presents that they leave behind!
DUCK POOP!

YUCK!



I guess if you're going to eat you're going to poop!
I try to discourage the ducks from camping on my doorstep, but they always come back. I'm thinking about  buying some pinwheels or something to put around, maybe that will keep them out. I might have to fence in my site. 
 Any ideas? 

 

Thanks for reading, life is good..............

6 comments:

The Good Luck Duck said...

Not sure what kind of aspersions you're casting, with the ducks and the poop, but putting my severe umbrage aside ... yaaay DUCKS! You have an assortment of duck-joke punchlines in this post, and I approve.

... got any nails?
No.
... got any duck food?

Donna McNicol said...

Oops, sounds like they imprinted on you...good luck! LOL!

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

I don't have any ideas but they sure are cute.

Bob said...

I'd go with that whole "imprinting" scheme. They're yours for life now, as near as I can figure.
Mind you, they'll get tired of you pretty darned quick if you stop feeding them. But that's only a suggestion.
Just be sure and put your shoes on before going outside.
Oh, and keep the hose handy.
Have fun!

IanH said...

Be careful of the pinwheels. You know what happens when the brown stuff hits a rotating element. 8-}

pidge said...

Your new duck kids are adorable. I love the video. They almost seem to be talking to you.