Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Today is Lucy's 100th birthday. We will celebrate her birthday here at the campground. Our "Remember When" diner is filled with I Love Lucy memorabilia. John the owner of the campground loves Lucy and has collected many wonderful items over the years.
We have a birthday cake for Lucy and all of the campers are welcome to have a piece. 


It doesn't seem possible that Lucille Ball would have been 100 years old today. Her preserved work will keep her forever young and forever in the hearts of those of us who grew up with her. Future generations, too, will love Lucy, because she is timeless.
Thanks for reading, life is good.............

6 comments:

Merikay said...

She will always be a classic and live on in our memories.

I remember once when I was very small I went to bed early because I was very sleepy and had missed my nap. Then I woke up hearing the music for the I Love Lucy Show and began to cry because I was going to is it. My Mother heard me and let me get up again. The whole family (my parents, 5 kids and an aunt) would sit mesmerized in front of the little TV for that priceless half hour once a week.

Happytrails said...

There will never be another like her! She was so talented...a true classic!

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

I love all the pictures in the dinner, we still love all her show's

Sue and Doug said...

We love Lucy!!.and Ricky and Ethel!..and the Long Long Trailer!!..Happy Birthday Lucy!!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Sue and Doug beat me too it, I sure hope you show the longest trailer movie at the party. It is a hoot and Lucy at her best!

Donna K said...

Oh yah, The LONG LONG TRAILER - one of my favorites. I still love Lucy.