Monday, October 25, 2010

Gorgeous Fall Weather!

a beautiful evening
Today was like a warm summer day.  Maybe you would call this Indian Summer? People were running around in shorts and tee-shirts.  The trees are beautiful and in full color.

 We had a nice quiet day at the campground. TC finished his clean-up from the busy weekend. I had a nice day in the office. The phones were busy, people are still calling to make reservations for October weekends for next year. These campers really plan ahead of time.

Our weekend starts early this week. We have a group coming in to visit the Creekside Manor haunted house on Wednesday. Thursday the early campers will start coming in for all of the Halloween festivities. This will be our last Halloween weekend.  




the gorgeous sunset

Last night when Jodie and I went out for our after dinner walk,  we saw a camper walking a strange little creature. I usually have my camera with me, but last night I didn't. This little creature was a "rescue ferret". He had this little harness thingy on the ferret. I had a nice conversation with him. I learned that he was from Canada travelling south for the winter. They love ferrets and travel with them all of time.  Jodie was terrified of this little critter, but the ferret just loved Jodie and tried to snuggle with her.

Living and travelling in a motor home is so interesting, you just never know who you will meet.


Webfetti.com
Thanks for reading, life is good..........................

6 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

yes, you never know who or what you will run into!..a ferret?..poor Jodi as if she doesn't have enough with Soupy!

Travels with Emma said...

When I was a camp host I had one guy ride his bicycle around the campground with a small parrot on his shoulder. He kept a towel on his shoulder to catch the droppings! :)

Rick said...

I'm not a big fan of those ferrets! What do you do with a ferret in your RV anyway?

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Ferrets can give a nasty bite, I don't blame jodie one bit. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

pidge said...

What a hoot!! A ferret on a leash. Wish you would have remembered your camera. Thanks for sharing.

Susan and Sam said...

Beautiful fall picture for your heading. Being in Florida this year, we will miss the fall leaves!