Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Crock Pot Day!

Rainy days like today are great days to cook! I woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw it was pouring. I could hear the rain pounding on the roof, but I looked out the window anyway.  I made an executive decision to stay home. I made some coffee and got out the crock pot. I'm cooking a yummy pork roast. We have today off and we will pretend it is Sunday and have nice Sunday dinner fit for a king. The pork roast will be served with mashed potatoes, peas, sauerkraut and gravy (sounds very German). I took all of the calories out so we can eat all that we want. If you ever saw the size of my hips, you would know that's not true! Living with TC is not really good for me. He can eat everything and anything and not gain one ounce. I can just look at a goody and gain several pounds. Today I sent TC to the store just to get a few things, he came home with potato chips, pumpkin fritters and a coconut pie, I'm doomed!  

I'm hoping that clean up will be easy I'm trying  Reynolds slow cooker liners. We will see how this works. I always get good results when I use the Reynolds oven bags, so I'm sure the crock pot bags will do well. 


I love rainy days, I love to snuggle ..purr..purr....


I'm watching her take a picture of that Soupy cat!

We will have a nice cozy evening at home, watching good movies and enjoying a great dinner. Can it get any better than this? We are so blessed.  

Webfetti.com
Thanks for reading, life is good...................

3 comments:

pidge said...

Sounds like a great meal. We are having pork tonight also. Stay safe..

Margie M. said...

Sounds like a great meal and you'll probably have nice leftovers too. The furry kids sure look cozy. They really are precious.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Your like me, Donna weighs less now than we did in high school, I have to stubbornly watch portion control and what I eat to keep ahead of my diabetes, even after losing 20 pounds I still have 40 to go to get to 200. My bride can out eat me two to one and not gain a pound. Nobody said life is fair.Your choices for supper were great. keep it up. be safe out there. Sam & Donna.