Thursday, January 21, 2010

Photowalking!






I love to go out walking with my camera. I just learned there is a name for this hobby, it's called photowalking. Jodie and I were walking the other day and we ran into someone who asked if I were a photowalker, he told me that there are photowalking groups and clubs. When I came home I looked up photowalking and this is what I found out......

Photowalking is the act of walking with a camera for the main purpose of taking pictures of things that the photographer may find interesting. It is usually a communal activity organised by camera clubs, online forums or commercial organisations

While not exclusive to digital photography, in practice digital photography makes photowalking more realistic as a hobby due to its experimental nature, the number of pictures typically taken in the process, and the possibility of post-processing afterward.

Photowalking is also a form of exercise as it can take the photographer over the course of several miles as they wander a particular site or neighborhood.

Photowalking is also often associated with online photo sharing.


The pictures above are pictures of the Little River, just in front of the campground.

No comments: