Monday, March 5, 2012

Donations!

I love helping out our local Humane Society.  The Humane Society of Washington County right here in Hagerstown is where we found our cat, Lily. 

This past weekend when I helped my daughter, Michelle move, she had lots of towels, old blankets, some dog beds and other items that can be used for bedding. 

I called the Humane Society and asked them if they could use these  things and they were so happy to receive them.  The  only reason I don’t go to the animal shelter more often, is that I want to save all of the cats and dogs that they have there.  I literally have to go in there pretending I have on blinders.  I can’t even look at the animals up for adoption on their web site.  Sniff sniff and a few tears…..

It is a cold blustery day with a few snow showers. Hurry up spring!



crocus-white
Thanks for reading, life is good..........


4 comments:

Travels with Emma said...

Yep, it's hard to visit a shelter without wanting to take home the whole lot!

Michelle said...

They are all so cute and worthy to take home. I also go with blinders on. Look at them on the web uhuh no way.

Janice said...

Thanks for reminding us that we can make use of our unwanted items in a very good way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail:

We love the picture of the hang glider on your blog, it brings back memories of Suzette getting a ride from Joe back in 2008. We tried again in 2009 but Joe was under the weather so Suzette couldn't go up.

We hope that Mexico quietens down so that we can go back to Villas Onac again.

Al & Suzette