Monday, September 19, 2011

There's A Fungus Among Us!

Yesterday, Jodie and I were out walking and taking some pictures. TC saw us and told me about this strange thing growing on a tree. Jodie and I thought we would walk down to the creek and see what it was all about. 

This is what we saw:  



This fungus looked like coral, but is was soft like a mushroom.

I was dressed  in my khaki slacks and a nice blouse, ready to go to work.  I wanted to get a close up picture and decided to step down to get a closer view. Low and behold, I fell down in the mud. OUCH! 

I was so embarrassed walking back to my motor home with mud on the back of my khaki pants. It looked like I pooped myself.  

Was it worth it, by gosh it was. These pictures turned out great.

After two washings and many stain removers, my pants came out just like new. My butt has a huge bruise on it and it hurts to sit down. It's a good thing I have some padding on this old butt, or I might have broken a bone or two. 

Whew, what a day, I fell on my butt and the Baltimore Ravens lost!

Isn't life wonderful?

Thanks for reading, life is good.............

5 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

such a 'fungi-gal'!!..sorry to hear you fell down but the picture is worth it!!

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

OUCH!!!good picture's anyway..

Bob said...

Ouch! If you ended up with a bruise, you must REALLY taken a tumble. It didn't quite sound that way when you described it. So mild mannered.
It's a great picture though. I guess that makes it worth it.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Nice pictures and well worth the effort. I guess that is what is meant by suffering for your art:)

Anonymous said...

Those are some of the most delicious mushrooms to grill with a little evoo and steak salt/seasoning