Friday, July 29, 2011

A Smile Is The Beginning Of Peace!

 When working with the public, you see and hear just about everything. You get to listen to people complain, gripe and sometimes you hear nice things.

Last night I heard a new one. I checked in a camper and about 20 minutes later he came back into the office and wanted to check out. I was concerned, I smiled and asked him if there was a problem. He told me that it was just too quiet and peaceful here. He said he was looking for a campground with more activity. I smiled again and said "I'm sorry".  Isn't that crazy? Was he looking for belly dancers?
Our peaceful campground
The weekend is just starting and it looks like it's going to be a steamy one. Once again we are going to have temperatures in the low 100's. It is 11:00 in the afternoon and my thermometer is already reading 96 degrees. We are to have a heat index of 110 degrees! OUCH! 

 I guess in about  4 months we will be talking about the cold.  If we didn't have some crazy weather what would we complain about.

This is  going to be a great weekend. We have all kinds of fun and exciting activities going on  here at the campground.
Thanks for reading, life is good................



4 comments:

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

People are weird -- you can only please some of the people -- some of the time, but I've never heard of someone leaving a park because it was too quiet!

Carol Kerr said...

Now that's a new one... Especially in the evening...

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I guess it takes all kinds, but that is a bit bit much.

squawmama said...

I have never heard of such a thing... I know some people like activities but really isn't that something you would inquire about before arriving??? You handled it well!
Donna