Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Days Like These Let You Savor A Bad Mood!

These cold, gray winter days seem to be getting longer and longer. Yesterday, I had off and TC had to go to Frederick for an appointment. I spent the day home with Jodie. It's so cold and dreary out. We didn't get much sunshine. It seems to me that any day can be a good day if you have sunshine. 

I thought it would be a good time to start cleaning out cupboards. I filled several bags to donate to goodwill. I don't know how we acquire all of this stuff.   I still have many more cupboards, nooks and cranny's to clean out. If I clean one or two a week, all will be tidy by springtime.  

the night sky at the campground
We are waiting for the big snow storm. It is suppose to start snowing this afternoon. Waiting for a snow storm is like waiting for a big pot of water to boil. So exciting. I'm sure all of the kids are excited thinking that schools might be closed. When I was a kid, (a very long time ago) I also got excited about school being closed because of snow. Kids never think about all of the days they have to make up when the weather is wonderful. It's so nice to be young.   
Webfetti.com
Thanks for reading, life is good..............

10 comments:

squawmama said...

It is so true that any day is good with sunshine... Have a good one today!
{{{HUGS}}
Donna

Along the Way with JnK said...

We agree we need sunshine daily or we get lazy! We had hoped to find more sunshine then we have had lately traveling from SF to Miami. we are staying as south as possible but we continue to get dreary skies and COLD...not as cold as some but cold all the same.

We hope for sunshine for you and us...soooooon!

Travels with Emma said...

Multiple dreary days in a row can be a real bummer! Hope you see some sun soon. :)

Sue and Doug said...

nothing like a sunny day to get your mood up!..have fun doing your 'spring cleaning'..sounds like a great plan doing it now..one cupboard at a time!

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

We woke up to about 4 inches here in Dardenne Prairie MO. So hope you guys get lucky and it goes north of you. Got to make the best of these winter days so they get past fast.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Rick said...

Sure hope you don't get too snowed in back there! Sunshine is always nice to wake up too.

Lynilu said...

"Waiting for a snow storm is like waiting for a big pot of water to boil." Boy, that's a fact!

You know, the only time I remember schools closing when I was young is one time when the dinosaurs, er, I mean, buses couldn't get up the hill to the high school. Back then, you just went to school or were absent, period. Isn't it funny how things have changed?

pidge said...

We have been having a lot of dreary days here in Texas this year. I am ready for some warm and sunny days too.

The only time my kids would get up on time, while still in school, is when they thought school would be canceled because of snow. :)

Merikay said...

Loved that picture! I always hoped for big storms when we lived in Wisconsin. A big storm was an adventure. Just a little snow was just cold!

Kathy said...

A day without sunshine is like a day without chocolate! NOT GOOD!
I hope Spring comes early...

Blessings, Kathy
http://seashellsandoveralls.blogspot.com