Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange.

Black Friday is a crazy day to work! The store was open from 3 am until midnight. I had to be at work at 5 am. My alarm went off at 3:30 am. YIKES, that is early. I pulled into the parking lot at 4:50 am and I could hardly find a parking space. I almost thought about putting my tail between my legs and driving home immediately.  Being the good hearted person that I am, I parked and  went inside. The time went by fast, that was the quickest 12 hour shift I've worked!  All in all, most of the shoppers were very nice. We had some great deals and a lot of shoppers  bought them up. I always amazes me how much money people spend. Customers buying jewelry would buy something for a family member or friend and then they would buy something for themselves. The sales were just too good to pass up.

My goal was to help customers find what they wanted, make them happy and get the day over with. I spent 12 hours listening to Christmas music and waiting on crazy people spending money they don't have to spend.

After soaking my weary feet, taking a hot steamy shower, and having a yummy glass of red wine, I'm almost back to normal.

T'is the season to be jolly,  Fa la la la la, la la la la.


Webfetti.com
Thanks for reading, life is good............

6 comments:

Rick said...

That's a pretty long shift to work in a department store. No wonder you were tired!

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

I know you must feel beat. Kick your feet up and relax

Ali Workentin said...

Glad you had a good day!

Four Windows with a View said...

I can't think of anything I want badly enough to venture out in those crowds. Glad you survived your 12 hour day. I don't think I'd be able to stand up that long.

Kevin Read said...

What a way to break you in. I guess if you can make it through that, then you're a keeper. You deserved a couple of glasses of wine.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

pidge said...

You are so brave to work in a store during the Christmas season. Way to go!!