Saturday, March 27, 2010

Southern Hospitality!











I love the way people talk down here in the south. It is so funny when I go into the grocery store, I'm always asked " Y'all need a buggy" (shopping cart). When ever we go out, we are always treated well. Southern hospitality is the greatest thing! The thing they say the most is "fixin", they are always "fixin" on doing something. The other day Judi was fixin on getting some sweet tea. After getting her sweet tea, she was fixin on going to the super market so she could buy some grits. Everyone here is very nice, and I love they way they talk, they don't talk fast, they talk very slow and relaxed.

We had rainy, dreary, yucky weather on our days off. TC decided to clean out his closet and do our taxes. I did some shopping, cleaning and cooking. When I get bored, I like to cook and bake. I made a great big pan of lasagna, some Italian bread and a batch of "puppy chow". Puppy chow is made with rice chex cereal, peanut butter, butter and chocolate sprinkled with powered sugar. It looks like puppy chow, but it's yummy. Eating puppy chow is like eating crunchy Reese's peanut butter cups. If you want the recipe for puppy chow go to this site: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1710,158182-234196,00.html

I already had the "Dollywood" talk with TC and next week on one of our days off we will go there. I'm praying for some nice warm sunny weather on our days off next week.

It's back to work today (ugh), but I'm only working 4 hours, hopefully the sun will stay out and it will warm up. It's been raining so much, I feel like I'm growing gills!
Webfetti.com

2 comments:

squawmama said...

Good Morning Gail... Being raised in the south it is a much slower pace... The only ones who rush around are the one that migrated from the north ☺☺☺ I am GRITS... "Girl raised in the south" but I don't have a accent...well not to bad! Have a glorius day and don't work to hard!!! Glad your going to Dollywood...
(((HUGS)))
Donna

Margie M. said...

That puppy chow snack sounds great. Hope you enjoy Dollywood when you get there, we thought it was a fun place. Although we haven't been there in many year, we did have fun seeing it.

Enjoy your weekend.